Boondock Ramblings

A little bit about a lot of things

September went by super fast for me. I really mean that. One moment we were enjoying the end of summer and then bam! Autumn was all up in our grills (no, I have no idea where that came from and don’t tell my son I said it because he doesn’t like when I “try to be cool.” If only he knew I was cool before he knew what cool was. Am I right?). I thought I would take the lazy way out today — I mean, I thought I would brighten your day (*wink*) with some photos of our September instead of my normal verbal rambling.

23 thoughts on “Looking back at September through photos

1. alimw2013 says:

Up in our grills!!!!! Hahahaha!! Love it!
    Your pictures bring me soooo much joy!! Seriously warms my heart thumbing through them..the leaves changing colors, the church, the kids, grandpa, the cat messing in the curtains..I could never pick one favorite!!😍

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you and I’m glad they give you some happiness.

Liked by 1 person

2. Great photos of fall — I can’t believe it’s here already too but I am GLAD. Those taters look so good. Friends of ours had a huge crop of potatoes this year. We’ve never planted any in our garden but I think we better try next year.

Liked by 1 person

1. My potatoes didn’t grow at all this year. I was glad at least my dad got some.

I can’t believe how fast our leaves are already falling off! It is like fall was here and gone!

3. kat says:

Your photos really make me feel like it’s fall! It’s times like these I miss the east coast. Sometimes I wish palm tress would change color, too, haha.

Liked by 1 person

1. That would be cool to see!

4. Michelle says:

Beautiful photos!! I love the sunflowers. September did go by too fast! It always seems like starting September 1st the rest of the year flies by.

1. I can’t believe how fast it went. This year is on a roaring path to the end and I can’t decide if that is good or not. Probably good at this point.

5. rosesatdawn says:

I love your pictures 🙂 They are always so lovely! Love the potato harvest, ours left a lot to be desired this year, but I know why it happened, lol. Oh well, next year! Also, quick question if you don’t mind, what level is your daughter using for LA? God Bless!

Liked by 2 people

1. We just ended preschool/Kindergarten and we are on Kindergarten. This month we have been reviewing her alphabet because she pretty much knows them all but there are a few letters she’s not great on.

1. rosesatdawn says:

Ok, thank you. We have a five year old who I was thinking of starting actually doing Kindergarten with (instead of using osmosis…which totally works in our house, lol), and was just wondering where I might want to start him since he is not going to be six until March 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. We are using the Good and the Beautiful and the preschool curriculum was a little simple in some ways for her but perfect when it came to her alphabet because she’d rather talk about animals than learn how to write or read. 😜 The kindergarten curriculum with The Good and the Beautiful helps review the letters but it also starts using sight words which I think could be confusing for a child who doesn’t know their alphabet yet – or at least most of it.

3. rosesatdawn says:

We are using the Good and the Beautiful as well and I was kind of wondering where to start him. He knows his alphabet so maybe we will give it a whirl and just start out slow. If it’s too much, we’ll wait till next year 🙂 Thank you again!

4. I would just start him now. The kindergarten curriculum is pretty simple so if he knows his letters he will be fine.

2. Bettie G says:

I love your photos, you have such a way of capturing the heart of the moment! And your autumn colors are so amazing there! We are just beginning to see color now, a little at a time.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, Bettie. This week we have had wind and rain and our leaves are already starting to fall off. All those pretty trees in our backyard are already almost naked and the deer who visit have lost their summer coats. It seems much too early for that but I guess it isn’t. Hope you are doing well.

Liked by 1 person

2. Thank you, Bettie. This week we have had wind and rain and our leaves are already starting to fall off. All those pretty trees in our backyard are already almost naked

3. Wanted to add that those potatoes were from my dad’s garden. We got about three potatoes from our garden this year. Probably because I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Lol.

1. rosesatdawn says:

Your dad seems like a fantastic gardener and must have bucket loads of information inside his head! I think it’s so great that you guys are closer to him now and your kids are able to have so many wonderful times with him. Reminds me of the times I was able to spend with my paternal grandfather. 🙂 Wonderful memories that I am glad to have!

6. Aw your photos always make me smile. 🙂 And your kitty is so stinking cute!!!!

1. She’s cute but crazy😳

So, what do you think? Leave me a comment! I love to meet new people and chat with ones I already know!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s