This post is part of From This Side of the Pond’s weekly post Wednesday Hodge Podge, which I saw Erin from Still Life, With Cracker Crumbs do and I wanted to do too. *wink*
1. According to author Gary Chapman there are five love languages-words of affirmation, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, and receiving gifts. Which one is yours?
Quality Time and acts of service are probably my love languages. I like to spend quality time with those I love and that means time without devices and without talking about work or politics.
2. What are five foods you eat every day?
I don’t know if I eat the same five foods every day, to be honest, but right now, turkey wraps with gluten free wraps, peppermint tea with local honey, and peanut butter. Not all at the same time, of course.
3. Five places you’d love to visit?
Scotland, Montana, Hawaii, Colorado, Wyoming
4. Something you’ve done recently that deserved a ‘high five‘?
Grocery shopped on one of the hottest days of the year, with a 7-year-old, and didn’t flip my lid or pass out.
5. Give us five 5-letter words that describe your July.
Crazy, humid, heavy, comfy, words
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Last night I was reading an excerpt from a Mitford book about the local hair stylist Fancy Skinner, who talks constantly and really fast and never lets anyone else talk, to my 7-year-old daughter. She looked up and said, “That’s what you’re going to be like when you’re old.”
Thanks for letting me be a part this week! That was fun!