I think I’m going to try this reading challenge this next year so I wanted to share it here. I copied this from the person hosting the challenge.
Tea-ology Reading Challenge (formerly Share-a-Tea)
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (formerly Becky’s Book Reviews) (sign up here)
Duration: Perpetual but starting anew each January
# of books: Readers Decide
This challenge is all about celebrating SLOWING DOWN and SAVORING the moments. This challenge is about QUALITY and not quantity. This is an anti-rush reading challenge. Enjoy where you are in a book, and, engage fully in it. Live in the book.
Love drinking tea? Love reading books? Love reading a book while drinking tea? Have I got a reading challenge for you!
Who can join? Anyone who enjoys reading. You don’t need to have a blog. You don’t need to have a twitter account. Are coffee drinkers welcome? Well. You can still join in, I suppose. But you might be outnumbered by tea drinkers.
Which books count?
- The Bible (any translation)
- Christian Biography/Autobiography
- Christian Living
- Christian Nonfiction
- Christian Theology
- Christian Bible Studies
- Letters, Journals, Diaries, etc.
Does anything else count?
- Watching or listening to sermons; just be sure to make note of what you’re watching and perhaps jot down a note or two to remind you what it was about.
- Listening to audio bibles (again just keep track of what you’re listening to)
- Listening to audio books (again just keep track…)
- Listening to praise/worship albums (again just keep track…)
1) When you sign up in a comment below, share one favorite tea and one favorite book. And if you’ve got one handy: a favorite quote.
2) If you write a post on your blog announcing the challenge (and making a place to keep track of what you’ve read), consider sharing a bit about yourself–your reading and drinking habits. You might consider a longer list of recommendations!
3) If you’re on twitter, tweet me as often as you like @operationbible Tweet about favorite teas, favorite books, favorite authors, favorite quotes, what you’re currently reading, what you’ve just finished reading, etc.
I will be sharing my progress throughout the year. I haven’t decided if it will be every week, every other week, every month. If you have a preference, let me know when you sign up. You are more than welcome to share your progress in the comments of my progress posts.
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible
2 thoughts on “Tea-ology Reading Challenge”
What a fun challenge!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have another one I’m going to share in a couple of days to read a classic book a month. We will see how that goes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.