I am going to try this next year. We will see how it goes. . . I don’t often follow through on these things.
To read the entire reading challenge guidelines: Becky’s Book Reviews.
Choose to participate in the basic challenge (quarterly) or the advanced challenge (themed months). All books must fall into the “Victorian” category being either a) books originally published between 1837 and 1901 b) books originally written (but not published) between 1837 and 1901 c) general nonfiction about the Victorian era (the times, the culture, the people, the events) d) biographies of Victorians.
Sign up by leaving a comment @ Becky’s Book Reviews post for the reading challenge.
The above information is copy/pasted from Becky’s post.
I am signing up to read the quarterly challenge which is 4 Victorian books (one per quarter).
1. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
2. Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
3. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
4. The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle’s (husband’s suggestion)
5. Middlemarch by George Elliott