Boondock Ramblings

A little bit about a lot of things

Looking back over my blog in the last few years, I can see that I’ve written a lot about farms. Even my latest “novel in progress” is called The Farmer’s Daughter. One might think I grew up on a farm, but I didn’t. I grew up around farms but not on one. Still, I have a huge soft spot for farms and farmers, especially the small, family-owned farms.

I thought I would link to some of my past blog posts about farming in today’s posts.

The State of Dairy Farming in Northeast Pennsylvania: Tangible struggles, palpable heartache, and immeasurable joy.

The Heartache is Real as Family Farms Start to Fade Away

A New Beginning for a Small Pennsylvania Farm.

The Farm

A Little Farm Making Special Milk in Pennsylvania

Tell Me More About . . . Mark Bradley, Dairy Farmer, Sayre, Pa.

Tell Me More About . . . Engelbert Farms, Nichols, N.Y.

19 thoughts on “I’ve written about farms a few times . . .

1. alimw2013 says:

When you publish the farmers daughter I would definitely love to read it❤️I’ll be one of your first buyers!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you. It will probably be a bit. I’ve still got to do a couple more drafts and maybe even rewriting quite a bit.

1. alimw2013 says:

Well I’m no good to read books on electronic format so I’ve only followed a bit..a hard copy is my choice and I’m working on patience..soooo it’ll make it that much sweeter to read when you’re all finished!!

Liked by 1 person

2. I am trying to figure out how to design a nice hard copy. I hate how they come out on Amazon so I’m going to play with it this time and see if I can get a better design for future books. Or maybe someday I’ll get picked up by a real publisher and that will make it easier 😉

3. alimw2013 says:

Ahhhhh you NEED to be picked up by a publisher, you’re so talented!!!
        There’s a gal from my church who has self-published I believe, I’ll see if I can find out who she goes through.

4. I don’t know if I’m really that talented but I appreciate the comment 🙂 what I like about self-publishing is I write what I want and there is no one to tell me to write it so it fits in a certain category or box.

5. alimw2013 says:

Ya that’s so true! You get to remain true to your own thoughts and how you want the story to go!

6. But I would love to have editors and proofreaders already paid for too 😉

7. alimw2013 says:

True!! I get that!!

2. alimw2013 says:

Awesome!! Farm life is simply beautiful in my opinion!! Hard work but an important focus, rather than on darn electronics!!

1. A necessary focus or a lot of people won’t have food 🙂 😉

1. alimw2013 says:

Great point!!!!

Liked by 1 person

3. We live in a farming community here and so many of our farmer friends are dealing with hard times. I wish more folks appreciated all the hard work they do to provide for us!

4. Geri Lawhon says:

I loved the B&W photo of the cow and the boy. It just seems to mean what farming is all about. Thank you for this post.

Liked by 1 person

1. You’re welcome. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

5. Bettie G says:

Beautiful! You have a way of describing life that makes it all so personal. Thank you.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks for the visit, Bettie!

6. Dad4Gracie says:

I thoroughly enjoyed reading “The Farm” and the black and white photographs were outstanding. Nice work!

Liked by 1 person

So, what do you think? Leave me a comment! I love to meet new people and chat with ones I already know!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s