Boondock Ramblings

A little bit about a lot of things

My daughter was drawing with sidewalk chalk outside the house. She drew a heart. I doodled some hearts and an angel near her heart.

She’s 5.

Sometimes 5 going on adult.

The song “Trust and Obey” had been going through my head much of the day, though I didn’t know why.

I wrote the word Trust in orange chalk on a step.

“What are you writing?”

“Just a word.”

“What’s it say?”

“Trust.”

“Oh”

She steps down off the step and looks at it. She can’t read yet.

“That should say Jesus after it.”

“Oh?”

“Yes. Trust Jesus and believe in God and He will lift it.”

Watching her.

“He will lift what?”

“He will lift the corona. He will lift it soon. Just believe in God. Write that.”

“Well, that’s a lot to write, but I’ll write, ‘Trust Jesus. He will lift it soon.'”

“Okay.”

And she skipped away.

What’s weird is she rarely says stuff like this.

And we weren’t talking about corona before she said this either, but I could tell it had been on her mind and she had reached a point where she just knew — it’s going to be okay.

17 thoughts on “Faithfully Thinking: He will lift it soon

1. Heather Dawn says:

What a beautiful moment! How Children can be so often full of foolishness and at the same time wisdom beyond their years will always be a mystery to me!

Liked by 1 person

2. Out of the mouth of babes! I think Jesus always speaks to little children because they are so in tune with him and don’t let the cares of the world clutter their spirits.

3. Bettie G says:

Oh, I love this! No wonder Jesus said to let the little children come to Him, truly we do need to be more like them when it comes to child-like faith. Thank you so much for sharing this precious story. Trust Jesus. I wrote about trust today also. God’s confirmations are so good.

1. Isn’t it neat when he does that? I just love it

Liked by 1 person

4. That is beautiful. On a side note, my 3 year old calls coronavirus “COVIN-5.” 😂 Children are amazing at lightening situations.

Liked by 1 person

1. They really are good at that!

Liked by 1 person

5. We can learn so much from children. Thanks for sharing this moment with us!

6. kat says:

I love how much faith and trust kids have. My son is already making all these plans for when “coronavirus goes away.” They’re such good reminders that life won’t be like this forever.

Liked by 1 person

1. Many times our children are more right than we are. I think in this insistence there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

1. kat says:

Please let that be true!

7. alimw2013 says:

Soooo very precious ❤️sweet girl!

Liked by 1 person

1. What’s weird is she rarely says stuff like this. Sometimes when I say “let’s pray,” she rolls her eyes. She wasn’t brought up in Sunday School like my son was and sometimes I feel like I’m letting her down that way but then she comes out with something like this and I think “oh…apparently she’s listening to the sermons and me more than I think.”

1. alimw2013 says:

Ahh that’s so sweet! It’s crazy what they pick up on!!
        *She rolls her eyes!! That’s slightly humorous!😂❤️

Comments are closed.